Sunday, February 20, 2011

Inspired.

I try to be a good graphic designer most of the time.

Therefore, I subscribe to blogs like grain edit. 
I don't always like what they post, but I try to at least look at it if for no other reason than to learn some names and have intelligent conversations with other designers / my professor.

The other day I was scrolling through the built-up posts in Google Reader and said aloud to my studio mates, "You know, a lot of the stuff they post on grain edit is kinda weird and kinda all the same... maybe I'll stop subscribing and just check it every now and then..."

Scarcely had the words left my mouth when I stumbled upon just what I had been trying to discover for weeks:  how to combine graphic design with the process of collage and painting that I love so much.

Enter Darren Booth.

I want to do this all the time now. :)  Therefore the rest of the night was spent re-doing the project that is due Wednesday, because I wanted to do it like this.  It means a few late nights, but none of it even feels like homework.

It's such a wonderful feeling when you discover that thing that incorporates your passions so well that you don't even feel like it is work anymore.

Maybe next semester's Senior Show won't be so intimidating after all....

1 comment: