Needless to say, I have not been very consistent in my blogging. [insert one of those I'm-sorry-for-not-keeping-up-with-my-blog speeches.] Though hopefully, if you know me well enough, we have caught up along the way and you know what's been happening in my life since September. Not that it's all that much :: A lot of school stress which is now over, many ups and downs which are the nature of close relationships, much learning and discovering about myself, my strengths and struggles, and the things God wants to do with them. And of course the fun times with friends and family in between. Fall semester was difficult, but Christmas break brought a pleasant end to it.
It is crazy to think that I only have two semesters of college left, then it's on to the next chapter of my life. Being the first of my friends to graduate and get married, it's journeying into uncharted waters, which, for a follower like me, is sometimes scary, but also extremely exciting.
I am recently being challenged to let God teach me that I don't, in fact, have to be a perfect wife the day I walk down the aisle. (Nor a perfect artist, or minister's-wife, or anything else.) My perfectionist tendencies often get the best of me and bring to my mind debilitating fears of messing everything up, letting someone down, not living up to the high standards I put on myself... therefore, I tend to try to please everyone, which ends up really being more selfish than you might think, and definitely not equal to pleasing God. So, as this year of years begins, which will include much excitement along with much change and many lessons I am sure, I am already learning that first, above all else, I must be filled up with God in order to pour into others, and that involves laying down the prideful burden of being perfect or pleasing everyone.
Hello, new year.
Who I thought I was, and who I though I had to beIt is crazy to think that I only have two semesters of college left, then it's on to the next chapter of my life. Being the first of my friends to graduate and get married, it's journeying into uncharted waters, which, for a follower like me, is sometimes scary, but also extremely exciting.
I am recently being challenged to let God teach me that I don't, in fact, have to be a perfect wife the day I walk down the aisle. (Nor a perfect artist, or minister's-wife, or anything else.) My perfectionist tendencies often get the best of me and bring to my mind debilitating fears of messing everything up, letting someone down, not living up to the high standards I put on myself... therefore, I tend to try to please everyone, which ends up really being more selfish than you might think, and definitely not equal to pleasing God. So, as this year of years begins, which will include much excitement along with much change and many lessons I am sure, I am already learning that first, above all else, I must be filled up with God in order to pour into others, and that involves laying down the prideful burden of being perfect or pleasing everyone.
Hello, new year.
I had to give them both up
Cause neither were willing to ever believe
I'm not who I was, I'm being remade
I am new
I'm chosen and holy, and I'm dearly loved
I am new
Too long I have lived in the shadows of shame
Believing that there was no way I could change
But the One who is making everything new
Doesn't see me the way that I do
Forgiven, Beloved
Hidden in Christ
Made in the image of the Giver of Life
Righteous and Holy
Reborn and Remade
Accepted and Worthy, this is our new name
No comments:
Post a Comment